This website is brought to you by V.C. Obstacle Mud Events & Fitness Ltd acting under the registered trading name “Dorians Challenge”. We take the privacy of our website users very seriously and we are strongly committed to protecting their personal information.
- The types of personal information we may gather when you visit our website,
- The reasons for obtaining such information,
- What we use your personal information for,
- When we might disclose your personal information, and
- How you can manage your personal information.
The policies below are applicable to the information we gather at Dorians’ Challenge website only and not to any other information you provide to third-party sites or any registration company we utilize to register for an event, to other third parties with links on our website or to sponsors, partners, affiliates or social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram etc. Please review their separate privacy policies.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will obtain personal data about you such as your name and surname, date of birth, gender, address, email address, mobile phone number, emergency contact name and phone, t-shirt size, payment details and opinions whenever you complete an online form through our website and other personal data such as photos or videos when you participate at Dorians Challenge.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to participate at Dorians Challenge, send us feedback, contact us for any reason, sign up for a service or make payment for your participation. Use of certain features of the site, like signing up to receive a newsletter, or responding to one of our surveys may require that you provide certain personally identifiable information, in other words, information that identifies or describes you, such as your name, surname, email address, telephone numbers, address, age and gender (“personal information”). We also may collect and store personal information about you that we receive from other sources, e.g. the information we receive from Trumin.com - our race registration company we utilize when you register for a run or race as participant, or spectator. Trumin.com has its own privacy policies and you should refer to them for any questions you may have about the information Trumin.com collects about you when you register for one of our events or to be a spectator using Trumin.com
We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of your participation in Dorians Challenge. Even if you don’t request a newsletter or fill-out a survey, when you interact with the dorianschallenge.com, we may collect certain non-personal information. For example, our server keeps an activity log that tracks all visitors to the site. The information in the activity log is anonymous and therefore does not identify you individually. The anonymous information our server collects may include among other data: your IP address, your registered domain or home server, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, number of clicks, software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times and referring website’s addresses.
Cookies and Spyware: We do not install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
2. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us,
- Statistical analysis,
- Customer profiling and analysis,
- Marketing- see “Marketing and opting out” below,
- Fraud prevention and detection,
- Billing and registering participation at Dorians Challenge,
- Customizing this website and its content to your particular preferences,
- To notify you any changes to this website or our services which may affect you,
- Security vetting,
- Improving our services.
- If you fill out a Media Profile Survey, we may share your personal information with third parties for marketing and promotional purposes,
- If you fill out a Dorians’ Challenge Questionnaire, we may post certain personal information about you in the Participant Profiles portion of our site and share it with third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. We will not post your contact information on our website, but please be careful about what you disclose to us and do not disclose any information that you expect to keep private,
- If you fill out a survey expressing interest in volunteering for or hosting an event or if you request to receive posters or our newsletter, we will use your personal information to contact you and may share your personal information with third parties for purposes of fulfilling your request.
C. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use anonymous information to help us determine how people use parts of the site and who our users are so we can improve our site. We may also use anonymous information to provide information in aggregated form to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the site. We may also use or share anonymous information (or other information, other than personal information) in any other manner that we decide is appropriate or necessary.
D. Third-Parties. We may occasionally have third party representatives, agents, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as event registration, marketing, analytics, etc. These entities may have access to your personal information but only as needed to perform their services.
E. Emergency Situations. We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the site or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the site or the public.
3. MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
We may share your personal data with organizations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you, unless you have asked us or them not to do so, by email, about products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes which may be of interest to you.
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us or request that your information be removed from our website or corrected. To make such a request, you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further “Your rights” below
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our agents and services providers (e.g. providers of web hosting, registration platform provider and maintenance services),
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity,
- Our business partners in accordance with the “Marketing and opting out” section above.
5. KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- We store your personal data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record electronic mail communications with you for the purpose of training, fraud prevention and compliance)
7. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data,
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices,
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad, and
- Give consent to the processing of his or her sensitive personal data, e.g. health information
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and /or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a “cookie”, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- To recognize you whenever you visit this website,
- To speed up access to this website so you do not have to log on each time,
- To store your personal preferences,
- To build a profile about you,
- To better target our marketing and advertising campaigns.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please visit aboutcookies.org
9. TRANSFERS OF DATA OUT OF THE EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries located outside the European Economic Area. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract which will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the event of a security breach.
*The EEA comprises the EU members states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (€20) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing,
- Include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving license or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill),
- Attach a cheque in the amount of €20 made payable to V.C Obstacle Mud Events & Fitness Ltd, and
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing,
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details), and
- Specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put you request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says “Unsubscribe” is acceptable)
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration detail)
- If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email)
The security of visitors’, participants’ and spectators’ information is of great concern to us. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Personal information collected by our site is stored in secure operating environments that are not open to the public. While we try our best to safeguard your information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
12. LINKING TO OR FROM OTHER WEBSITES
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the website. As a result, please be aware that we may transfer your information to another company that is affiliated with us or with which we have merged.
14. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org